March 2021: Committee Meeting Minutes

Committee Meeting


Held by Video Conference March 8, 2021 at 7pm


Agenda


1. Welcome and Apologies - Matt Wood

Meeting opened 19:07

Apologies were noted from Noel Voice and Andi Parker.


2. Declaration of ‘Any other business’ - All

Additional items noted below.

3. Minutes of the last meeting held on December 20, 2020 - Sam Chapman

The minutes were approved with Sam Chapman proposing and Alan Smith seconding. Motion unanimously passed.

4. Matters arising:

  • Agenda item 3-3-3-3-3-3-4 – Past Masters Jewels – UPDATE REQUIRED. Outstanding action with AP to speak to PM

Further to some work by Andi Parker the jewels are ready to be produced. They cost £55 plus VAT and delivery of £8. It was proposed that £700 would be made available for the purchase of 10. Proposed by Mick Whitfield and Seconded Stu Robinson. Unanimously approved.

  • Agenda item 6g – Lodge Stewards responsibilities UPDATE REQUIRED from SR

Stuart confirmed that he would provide an update for our next committee meeting in June.


5. Secretary's Report - Sam Chapman

  • All annual returns have been submitted

6. Director of Ceremonies - plan for future meetings - Andi Parker

  • Currently no plan in circulation but Andi assured the committee that he would be putting one in place in conjunction with Mick and Stuart.

7. Treasurers Report - Ian Paddey

  • Accounts were presented and approved by both examiners.

  • Mick Whitfield proposed and seconded by Alan Smith. Unanimously approved.

8. Update from COWFC - Ian Paddey

  • Simon Stone's retainer has been extended until May.

  • Sam updated on work to refine the centres governance, enabling borrowing to take place.

9. Entertainments Sub-committee - Paul Naish

  • Hotel to be booked for next year 19th March.

  • Terms of reference to be agreed - Action Paul Naish.

  • Social events could be help across the summer - sub-committee to advise.

10. Any other business as declared in Agenda item 1 above

  • NCA Charity Update - Andi Parker

Andi to circulate guidance for submitting to the MCF with an imminent festival approaching.

Committee liked the idea of online raffles - Andi to liaise with Ian Paddey to progress/investigate.

  • Circulation of Almoners Report

Aubrey advised that he has received a number of messages that they are not getting his almoners report. SC advised that anyone that has issues should be referred to him to help.


Date of next meeting – Monday, June 7, 2021 at 7pm prompt


The meeting was closed at 8.28pm


ALL MEMBERS OF KING ÆLFRED LODGE ARE INVITED TO ATTEND BUT ONLY OFFICERS OF THE LODGE ABOVE THE OFFICE OF INNER GUARD AND PASTMASTERS OF THE LODGE, PLUS THE TWO ELECTED MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE ON ANY RESOLUTION.